Prev: Re: Minefileds Next: [OT] That Royal army question

Re: Roger's Quiz :-(

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:34:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Roger's Quiz :-(

At 5:45 AM -0700 9/27/02, John Atkinson wrote:

You forgot a few steps...

>The NAC version might be:
>
>Put out for lowest bidder on lightbulbs.
>Have a commission to determine which was lowest bid
>with acceptable lightbulb

Lord Brumbleother poses idea for something other than lightbulb as
light source.

Commission tells Lord Brumbleother that he's a mindless git
(politely, he is a Lord).

>12 MPs to hold hearings in Parliment.

Lord Brumbleother's other lightsource is mentioned in panel meeting,
at Parliament. MP panel instructs MoD to examine Lord Brumbleother's
proposal.

Commission opposes other light source. MoD determines that two
projects should start. One for old lightbulb, one for new light
source.

Contractor for new lightbulb builds according to spec, contractor for
old adds huge feature set that makes old lightbulb complex and prone
to breakage.

'Old' Lightbulb is retained with additional feature set.

>Investigative reporter to uncover corruption in
commission.

MoD instructs that 'New' lightbulb should be adopted and that old
lightbulb should be dumped into the sea at earliest opportunity.

'New' Lightbulb production is finally ramped up after original
contractor went out of business shortly after being acquired by 'old'
lightbulb company. Third company (a maker of heaters, not lightbulbs)
is retained to build 'new' lightbulb.

Production difficulties ensue, but after a time, they are sorted out.

>Armed Forces make due with old lightbulb for 20 years
>after it burns out, but when they do get a new one,
>it's the best possible lightbulb.

Can you tell I've been reading a Book by David Fletcher?

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: Minefileds Next: [OT] That Royal army question