Prev: Camo & halftrack Next: Re: Another Question

Another Question

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:05:58 -0500
Subject: Another Question

Thanks for your help on the previous question. I now have another one.

The PBEM game we're playing is blind. I've had to come up with new rules
for
EW spotting due to the absence of hidden markers. But here's something I
hadn't considered... How long should a unit spotted by EW remain
unhidden?

In the main SG2 rules, once a hidden unit is placed on the board it
stays
there. So, if a unit is spotted by EW, it remains spotted for the rest
of the
game. In our blind game, we hide a unit if it goes out of LOS. The thing
is,
an EW spotting attempt can find a unit that is completely hidden.

Does it make sense, in a blind game, to allow the unit to remain
unhidden for
the rest of the game, the rest of the turn, until the hidden unit's
activation, until the EW unit's next activation, or for that one action
only
(like a small "blip" that shows up early then disappears)? What are your
thoughts on it?

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Camo & halftrack Next: Re: Another Question