Prev: Re: [FT] Which do you prefer Next: Re: [DS2] Question About Spotting Mine Fields

Re: [SG2} Aerospace Rules "Bug". Suggestions?

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:34:54 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG2} Aerospace Rules "Bug". Suggestions?

>That's pretty interesting. Thank you. The SG2 rules don't set up
designs
>for
>VTOL craft as being different from any other vehicle. They can have
frontal
>armour different side armour. It probably makes sense to put the DS2
design
>limitations into SG2.

Well SGII does say that any vehicle designed using DSII may be used. and
found it (in my onld and dusty set of DSII) page 14 column 1 para 9 'The

"armour" rating does not simply indicate the thickness of the armour
carried, but also the general "survivability" of the airframe.

It makes sense really, since we aren't really thinking about a round
hitting
a hull and trying to pierce it, much more likely to be guided missiles
and
all the malarky that goes with.

Still not sure how the AA should work against say a VTOL with class 2
armour, against light AA fire, that's like a D6 against 2D12

Richard

Prev: Re: [FT] Which do you prefer Next: Re: [DS2] Question About Spotting Mine Fields