Prev: RE: [SG2} Aerospace Rules Bug. Suggestions? Next: RE: To which nation do you belong?

RE: [SG2} Aerospace Rules Bug. Suggestions?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:27:09 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG2} Aerospace Rules Bug. Suggestions?

At 1:26 PM -0400 9/19/02, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

>Make it "bottom armor--one step weaker than side" (since I'm the one
about
>to be on the receiving end of this airstrike)
>
>More seriously, I'd have to say that aircraft armor is going to be
placed
>where the plane gets shot at the most.  If that's from te rear and
bottom,
>then those two will get the most protection (and the AA proximity fuses
>will then be programmed to "wait till you're beside/above the target
before
>exploding"...)

More likely I'd say that critical aircraft systems will be armored
generally. Take the armored tub in the Sturmovik and A-10. Given the
all around nature of aircraft threats, those critical components
(Pilot, engines, electronics) are going to be given armor and
protection in an all around fashion if at all. At least for a ground
attack aircraft.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: [SG2} Aerospace Rules Bug. Suggestions? Next: RE: To which nation do you belong?