Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Empire Building Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:48:59 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, John Atkinson wrote:

> The whole point of Imperium or Hegemony is to crush
> the liberties of those states (or pre-state
> populations, such as most of those you mention) who
> are inclined to causing trouble.

Ah yes, indeed. I am sure all those indiginous people were BOUND to come
looking for the good old British Islands to come pick a fight.

> The US decisively restricted every right of the
> Taliban (including the right of many of their members
> to breathe), and are about to do the same thing to
> Iraq.  You don't build an empire on campfire songs and
> encounter sessions.

I'm not even going to reply to this, because things would get out of
hand.

Derk

Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Empire Building Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo