Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:33:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> Er, well... only if you count the oceans :-/ And I'm

SLOC is the basis of world domination.

> not entirely sure that
> all Africans, Indians, Amerindians, Aboriginies etc.
> would agree that the
> British "managed to avoid" crushing their liberties
> and freedoms, either...

The subject under discussion is what the Hegemon does
to their own citizens.

The whole point of Imperium or Hegemony is to crush
the liberties of those states (or pre-state
populations, such as most of those you mention) who
are inclined to causing trouble.

The US decisively restricted every right of the
Taliban (including the right of many of their members
to breathe), and are about to do the same thing to
Iraq.  You don't build an empire on campfire songs and
encounter sessions.

John

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo