Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [SG2] detached element questions

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 22:30:14 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG2] detached element questions

Advanced Squad Leader had rules for the spontaneous generation of a
leader after a critical success on a morale test. They're trying to
simulate the same events that really happen in good infantry units. I
don't play SG2 myself, so I can't speak as to mechanics, but having a
table to roll on when a unit does really well on a morale check (however

that gets defined, in ASL it was pretty much rolling double sixes and
then rolling 10-12 on 2d6.  Let that be your guide.

Yves Lefebvre wrote:

>>See Stephen Ambrose's book _Band of Brothers_). You should probably
allow

>the
>

>>detached elements to operate as independent squads. They would attempt
>>

>link
>

>>up with their squad, but they should be able to fight and move like a
regular
>>squad until that happens.
>>

>OK, I think I will suggest to the defending players that we allow the
>detached element to fire but it will remain a detached element, so it
will
>need a transfer of action. This will be a bit less powerfull than a
squad
>of his own. This might give more chance to be accepted by the defending
>players!

Any reasonable answer that keeps the game moving is a good answer.

--
These constitutional guarantees can not be estimated too highly, or
protected too sacredly. The reader of history knows that for many weary

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lincolnconspiracy/commi
ssionorder.html

Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo