Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Wargamers was: Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:19:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

On or about Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 07:14:56AM -0500, Don M typed:
>In Europe, it would be quite unusual for a memeber of a Communist party
>to b ecalled a 'Liberal'.
>But they can be "Greens" can't they? Ours can be also and generally
are.

Generally, if someone's a member of one of the Green parties he'll be
called "Green" rather than anything else; I think it's generally
considered that the policies advocated by such parties are so far away
from anyone else's (particularly before the last few years, when they
toned it down a bit in order to start actually getting elected) that
it's a more important marker.

Roger

Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Wargamers was: Personal hoody-hoo