Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: RE: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons

RE: [DS] House Rule Ideas

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [DS] House Rule Ideas

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> G'day,
>
> > Oh, wow.  Let's just make aircraft invulnerable.
> 60"
> > is way too long.
>
> Well for one I was trying to marry real ranges with
> game concepts (given my
> pitiful lack of understanding of the former I may
> have goofed). I guess I
> was also looking at through glasses coloured by
> where our DS houserules are
> heading - off board missiles, dogfighting, I'll be
> using airships - which
> opened up aircraft in many other ways. What range
> would you suggest would be
> better?

Hrm.  6 km isn't unreasonable realistically, I was
thinking of it from the game balance perspective.
Which I think is solved by the fix below.  You might
want to try it out a couple times to see.  Use at
least 2-4 aircraft loaded with nothing but these
puppies to see if even silly numbers of 'em have an
effect.  IMNSHO.

John

> > At a +1 die shift due to the fact that it's big
> and
> > slow.  IMNSHO.
>
> OK. Which would match with Derek's comments about
> glide bombs being very
> outdated tech.
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: RE: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons