Prev: Re: [DS] House Rule Ideas Next: [SG] Quick & Dirty Resolution

Re: Amazing dice rolls

From: John Hamill <jwdh71@y...>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:06:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Amazing dice rolls

I rarely have good dice rolls. OTOH I have had some
amazing streaks of bad dice rolls. Playing Traveller,
I was playing a Vargr Corsair (Vargr are a canine race
in traveller). I had to just NOT roll a critical
failure to land the ship. Guess what? Critical
failure! And the same for each and every recovery roll
to try to come out of the crash dive. Fortunately the
GM allowed me to get off the ship without making a
roll, otherwise I probably would have botched that one
too.
Another time I was playing Risk with a coworker,
during downtime at work. I lost EVERY SINGLE combat,
no wins, no ties. Every one. Statistically that is as
close to impossible as can be measured.

John Hamill
jwdh71@yahoo.com

--- Tony Christney <tchristney@telus.net> wrote:
> The most unbelievable dice roll I ever had was
> playing Necromunda.
> In a close combat I had seven dice, my opponent 5. I
> rolled ALL
> sixes. Of course, I immediately made the comment
> that the only thing
> that could be worse would be if he rolled five ones.
> Which he
> proved by doing exactly that. A one in 2 billion
> chance by my
> calculations.
>
> Anyone else have some amazing dice stories?
>
> Tony.
>
> On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 07:55  PM,
> DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 8/28/02 2:01:11 AM,
> > owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:
> >
> > <<
> > I had an opponent accuse me of having sold my soul
> to the devil this
> > weekend after the string of 6's I rolled on a d6.
> >
> > John >>
> >
> > Okay I'm behind.  But I played games where the GM
> has taken my dice off
> > the
> > tape and mad me use his...	Something about my
> Kronprinz Wilhelm Light
> > Cruiser at 24" opened up on a fresh Bonaparte
> Battledreadnought and
> > cored it
> > after wiping out his fighters...
> >
> > And then next turn Taking down a Roma
> Battleship...
> >
> > After that That 1 Ship took the whole FSE Fleet
> Fire...  Still surived
> > with a
> > Fire con and single B2...  And took down a wounded
> Suffren.
> >
> > After that I use teh GM dice when we play..  and
> still I get streaks of
> > fire
> > like that...
> >
> > DOC Agren

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [DS] House Rule Ideas Next: [SG] Quick & Dirty Resolution