Prev: Top Secret Font Next: Re: Top Secret Font

[SG2] detached element questions

From: Yves Lefebvre <ivanohe@a...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:23:21 -0700
Subject: [SG2] detached element questions

Last week I played my last SG2 game before my wedding (hopefully, there
will be other game after that!).

In one situation, we had a squad with one untreated casuality. There was
Medic in the command squad 24inch away. Is it possible to form a
detached
element of one man and the casuality to go to the medic? If so, what
happen
if the casuality get a wounded (stabilised) result? Can the wounded be
transfer to the command squad and the lone trooper go toward his
original
squad?

Also, we tried an orbital insertion of a PA squad. However, there was a
lots of bad roll and some troopers were 36" away of some other! Also,
there
was 2 ennemy squad in-between. According to the rules, the first few
actions of the PA will have to be reorganise to move in integrety
distance.
There is no mention of movement in reorganise, but I assume that each
trooper can move it's base mobility value in order to reform the squad.

But in our case, reforming the squad means to move between 2 ennemy
squads.
We decide to regroup in 2 parts, one of the part beeing a detached
element.
I think it was the more logical way to handle the situation. We rule
that
the main squad will be able to act normally (ie: fire), but the detached
element will only be able to try to get back in the main squad. Does is
make sense?

I took picture of the game with a digital camera (I want one for myself
now!). This is wonderfull : Each turn I use the same angle to take the
picture and playing them back, you get a nice slide show of the game. I
should eventually do an AAR with text and picture but the game is not
terminated yet. It migth take some weeks until we finish it since I will
be
very busy in the next couple of week! And far away in a trip to Tunesia
just after the wedding (trying to find some star wars tatooine location
amongst other thing)...

Yves

Prev: Top Secret Font Next: Re: Top Secret Font