Prev: Re: DSII Designer questions Next: Taking advantage of misprints (was Re: Dan Dare animated series)

RE: Population Models

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:19:34 +1000
Subject: RE: Population Models

G'day,

> I think you came up with the specs on that one.  You had the Earthside
> population vary from 1-2 billion; the outworld population was only
> about 12 million pre-KV (not counting colonies in the Core).	But if
> it's plausible to get it up higher, say to 100 million or so, that's
> fine with me...

Mmmm from the digging I just did then it had to do with the environments
and
length of settlement on a few planets. If you're happy to have more
efficient resource use (a bit more like the larger powers though not
necessarily on a par), smaller federation wide effects of conflicts and
fewer restrictions on migration (thinking of your FTL vs STL fleets)
then
you could get up to 150 million without being radical in your
assumptions.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: DSII Designer questions Next: Taking advantage of misprints (was Re: Dan Dare animated series)