Prev: Re: Turning Point Next: Re: Thinking out loud. . .

Re: KH pictures

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 19:20:09 +0200
Subject: Re: KH pictures

----- Original Message -----
From: <kaladorn@magma.ca>

> KSK equipment - Is one of the top pix of a guy on a vehicle with an
> HK-36 with a drum mag?

Probably the MG36 light machine gun variant. Heavier barrel, bipod,
otherwise indistinguishable from the G36. Can use a an American Beta Co.
CMAG double 100 round drum in the light machine gun role.

Not officially adopted by the Bundeswehr. Not enough advantages over the
plain G36. No quick-change barrel, so not really an MG, more of a squad
support weapon.

The MG36 can take both the drum magazine and the standard transparent
plastic G36 mags. These are described as STANAG.compatible. Does this
mean
they are M-16 compatible ? I remember reading the G36 could take those
mags,
but I can't find the reference right now.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as14-e.htm
http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg19-e.htm
http://www.dennysguns.com/hkdealer/guns/23.html
http://www.hkpro.com/G36.htm

German texts:
http://www.waffenhq.de/index1024.html
http://www.deutschesheer.de/C1256B6C002D670C/CurrentBaseLink/N258CGDL333
ALAN
DE
http://www.deutschesheer.de/C1256B6C002D670C/CurrentBaseLink/N25A8CKU575
SWIN
DE

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Turning Point Next: Re: Thinking out loud. . .