Prev: Re: Population Models I'd like to See Next: Re: Turning Point

Re: [SG] counters

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:45:31 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG] counters

----- Original Message -----
From: <laserlight@quixnet.net>
> >Just to make this clear to me:
> >You plan to use a counter to represent a squad (or at least several
men),
> not a counter per figure ? The latter would be a straight-forward
> conversion.
>
> This is part of a nefarious plot to lure the local ASL players over to
SG,
> per the thread we had a couple of weeks ago.	Yes, the counters would
be
> squads, not individuals (except for Independent Figures, of course).
It's
> also intended as a way to have company-sized actions without taking up
as
> much space (or time) as a normal SG game would require

I you go for the 'small change' scheme of recording srengths and
exchanging
'large' counters for 'smaller' ones as your units lose men, AND keep
unit
IDs, the optimal scheme in terms of number of counters is to use powers
of
2:
Make a counter each for:
1, 2, 4, 8 men
With these, you can form any number up to 15 men (e.g.13 = 8+4+1).

This gives you a low number of counters, however, keping track of
change/losses can be somewhat fiddly.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Population Models I'd like to See Next: Re: Turning Point