Prev: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT) Next: Re: Afghan Pics

Re: Krylon Experiment - Matte coat

From: MxConnell@a...
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:01:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Krylon Experiment - Matte coat

In a message dated Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:28:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
MxConnell writes:

> In a message dated Tue, 3 Sep 2002 8:42:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
agoodall@att.net writes:

> > That's an interesting idea. I'd also like to see what effect
different types
> > of coats (gloss versus matte) would have on the finished
> > item.
>
> Tonight I'll spray some matte on the samples I've already done. I'm
also going to try ink washes on top. Not GW ink but
> some of the transparent art inks.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

I sprayed a sample with two coats of GW Matte and compared to an
unmodified sample. The color change effect was unaffected by the matte
spray. It did reduce the reflection from the gloss coat and you could
see the color more clearly. I liked the effect - sorta frosted looking.

Regards,
Martin

Prev: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT) Next: Re: Afghan Pics