Prev: Re: Afghan Pics Next: Re: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

Re: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:59:17 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:19:36 -0400 Warren Shultzabergere
<carol.warren@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Could anyone suggest what elements to use to make up a Full Thrust
> fleet? What I'm looking for here is a well rounded fleet that would
> allow me to play most scenarios that folks can come up with while
still
> maintaining the minimal number of starship miniatures.

> I don't want to run out and buy 3 of every FT ship (sorry, Jon!!), it
> would break me and my marriage <grin>.

Well, I typically buy for each of my fleets (this is numbers of
each class, not packs):

4 FF
4 DD
2 ea. CL, CE/CM, CA
1 or 2 ea. BC and BB
1 BDN
1 SDN
1 ea. CVL, CV
Enough Fighters to equip the fleet (possibly using some from a general
supply, so as long as I have enough in total, I don't necessarily care
about them being the official types).

That might be more than you care to strain your marriage (or your
bank balance) by getting <g>, but that's what I do. I have some fleets
from non-GZG mini ranges that don't have carriers, and others that are
missing some of the ships listed above for all sorts of reasons, and
some that have more than the basic list, again for all sorts of reasons
-- I might like a particular mini so much that I want more than one of
them, or I might have come up with an idea for a conversion (like my
NAC DN, made from bits of a CVL and an SDN).

Then, too, classes are not set in stone -- or, as Jon would be the
first to agree, shouldn't be. A CE, for instance, could be used as a
CL, CA or even a BC or BB if it's convenient; or a FF as a DD (or vice
versa). Some people think size differential is important, some don't;
it's a matter of individual taste. As long as you have enough ships
that can act as whatever you want them to be, relax and get on with the
game.

Phil
----
"I think... I think I am! Therefore I am... I think?"
				       -- The Moody Blues
I think _I_ am Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: Afghan Pics Next: Re: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)