Prev: Re: New OUDF website Next: Re: New OUDF website

RE: New OUDF website

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:48:21 +1000
Subject: RE: New OUDF website

G'day,

> I notice that your bases are basically "flat plus flock."  That has a
> stylized look that some people like, but you might look at eg the the
> IF troopies I posted last night.  If you want to try texture, a little
> plaster or drywall spackle will do nicely--don't use silicon RTV,
> though, as you're likely to get lead rot.

Another option is sprinkle some railway modellers ballast or sand or
flock
over the base (with the odd small rock/bit of cork if you like), paint
over
that with earth colour then add flock to that. I've found it to be the
simplest, cheapest and fastest way of getting this effect. See Derek's
NSL
by following

Neu Swabian League - Dirtside & Stargrunt

http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/Gallery/Gallery.htm

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: New OUDF website Next: Re: New OUDF website