Prev: Re: GPS Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .

RE: GPS

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:34:07 +1000
Subject: RE: GPS

G'day,

> Interesting thought. Certainly the GPS distortion cannot be
> aimed to be limited to, say, Iraq. Other countries in
> the area might be affected (including allies such as
> Israel or Turkey), as well as international air traffic
> in the region. Air traffic disruption (even without
> accidents) might be enough to have the airlines
> calling for help from the government.

Unless they have to land in one of those areas, you get redirected WAY
around the area (out of harms way and GPS problem area I'd say). 4 hours
flight time was added on the UK-Australia route during the Gulf War and
3
hours during the Russian coup.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: GPS Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .