Prev: RE: Krylon Experiment Next: [SG2] Hardtack Plug-In version 1.5 Released

Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:02:43 -0500
Subject: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

I know there are a number of us on this list that were collecting the
Maisto
GI-Joe vehicles at Wal-Mart. These are diecast, pre-painted vehicles.
They
came in two sizes. Of the large vehicles, the LAV-25 and the M113 are
almost
perfect for 25mm figures, while the Abrams is closer to 15mm.

Last spring Wal-Mart started running out of these figures. I don't know
if it
was a case of them not re-ordering them as they sold out, or if they
were
pulled, but slowly they started to disappear.

Well, they're back!

They are no longer packaged as "GI Joe" and they no longer come with the
GI
Joe dog tag. Instead, they are in black and blue blister packs, with
Wal-Mart's "Kid Connection" brand name on them. However, they are
definitely
the same vehicles. The bottom of the vehicle clearly shows they are
still made
by Maisto. In fact, the only difference is that they no longer have the
red
"GI Joe" logo on them (which is actually a big plus). Another plus is
that
they are only US$1.76 (down from US$1.96).

I picked up 2 LAV-25s, giving me a total of 10 LAVs (including the old
ones).
As in the GI Joe version, they come in beige (sand) and a green cammo
scheme.
I also saw beige Abrams, beige and cammo M113s, and most of the other
vehicles
from the GI Joe line. There were a couple of other vehicles, that looked
like
light recon vehicles with missiles or HMGs on the top. These seem a
little big
for 25mm.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: RE: Krylon Experiment Next: [SG2] Hardtack Plug-In version 1.5 Released