Prev: Re: Card initiative Next: RE: [Painting] Krylon Mystique

RE: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:41:13 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

Short answer - yes.  Long answer - sort of.  The US military can add
"noise" to the GPS signal making it less accurate - i.e. position within
100 meters or within 1 km rather than within 3m.  With that kind of
error, using GPS to plot artillery or bombing missions is much more
difficult.

Military units can use a corrected signal or supplement with ground
based signals to remain at the 3m accuracy of GPS.

--Binhan