Prev: Re: ACE question for John A Next: Re: IF was GZGverse UN

Re: Warfair

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:18:39 +0200
Subject: Re: Warfair

Aimee wrote:

>About the layout of the rules on fightert screens (page 6, and not page
5 in
>my book btw)

I *did* say that it was well past midnight when I wrote that reply,
didn't
I... <g>

>and other fighter rules and issues, I think that a comprehesive, full
of
>examples and diagrams for this and that and the Phalons wepons would be
wise.

Yep. The fighter rules are a complete mess right now as they've changed
with every single update of the rule - MT, FB1, FB2...

Simply compiling the rules into a single place and removing all the bits

that have been overruled by later books would go a long way towards
clearing it up. 'Course, it'll also require the players to actually read

the new rules instead of just doing it the usual way ;-)

Roger Books wrote:

>After reading the rules carefully (and hassling Oerjan) here's my take.
>1. Move fighters up to 24"
>2. Launch Ordnance
>3. Move ships
>4. Determine targets for ordnance
>5. Fighter secondary moves, if within 3" of a ship at the end of this
>phase may declare screening, if within 6" may declare attacks.
>6. Dogfights
>7. Allocate screening fighters to ordnance.

Allocate *any* fighters in range to ordnance. Screening status is
irrelevant here!

>8. Fighters fire on ordnance, a 5-6 destroys one missile, a 6 reduces
>a PBL by one. Records hits on SMs.

I'd consider step 7 to be part of step 5 ("if within 6mu may declare
attacks" - attacks on ordnance are attacks just like any others) and
step 8
to be part of step 6 (should be "fighter-vs-fighter actions" rather than

"dogfights"; in the current rules the latter requires the fighter groups
be in base-to-base contact while the former can have them up to 6 mu
apart
from each other).

>9. Allocate PDS fire.
>10. Fire PDSs.
>11. Do damage from PBLs, 1d6 per factor remaining, this destroys
fighters
>and SMs in area.

Nitpick: "damage from PBs". The PBL is the launcher, which is hopefully
still attached to the ship <g>

>12. Roll for number of SMs on target, reduce by number destroyed in 8
>and 10.

Reading FB1 p.9 strictly step 12 should go between steps 9 and 10, but
that's not relevant for the outcome. Your sequence means that you don't
have to roll for salvoes which are destroyed by Plasma Bolts.

>13. do damage from Missiles.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: ACE question for John A Next: Re: IF was GZGverse UN