Prev: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts Next: Re: Card Initiative and vehicle MGs

Re: Warfair

From: <kaime@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:11:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Warfair

I want to thank all who showed up for this year's War Fair.  Kill the
FSE!

Looking back at the lack of sleep/gaming 'til you drop weekend, I do
think
we correctly used all rules sans the Phalon weapons.  I'll admit if
there is
one thing I need to learn more about in the FT rules, it is the Phalons.
have all other fleets, but not those models ... not my style.  I trusted
the
player who was playing them to run them properly, and I think his error
made
it far worse on his forces in the second game (the one game the Phalons
were
used.)

About the layout of the rules on fightert screens (page 6, and not page
5 in
my book btw) and other fighter rules and issues, I think that a
comprehesive, full of examples and diagrams for this and that and the
Phalons wepons would be wise.  At War Fair we had 4 veteran FT players
from
3-4 different groups/locations who all came to the table with slightly
different notions of what is the correct way of doing this or that about
the
'fighter issue.'  The game could truely use a new combined edition (not
restart that discussion) and it that edition, fighter clarification ...
total clarification gets my vote for 1st needing attention.  As I've
discussed with Jon and somewhat on FT groups, this is always a big issue
in
this area, even when I was in the military and before I started playing
here.

Maybe some find no problems using the rules, but I've not really seen
that
in my experience.  Just a thought.

Aimee
Atlanta Full Thrust Group

Thanks,

Aimee

Prev: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts Next: Re: Card Initiative and vehicle MGs