Prev: Card initiative Next: [SG2] Problem With Quick and Dirty Option (was Re: [SG] Luring players)

Re: [SG] Luring players

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:24:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Luring players

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:10:32 -0700, Michael Llaneza
<maserati@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Firepower (AH) [1]  had an interesting twist on this idea.

I really liked FirePower, and didn't find it all that difficult to
learn. A
lot of folk didn't like it, though. Their main objection was that if you
got a
run of chits early, your opponent knew you were out of chits and could
run
unopposed through his chits. This can happen in SG2 or FMAS, but to a
lesser
degree. (I tried to sell FirePower on eBay recently, though my heart
wasn't in
it. It didn't sell though I wasn't asking all that much for it, so I've
decided to keep it. One day, maybe, I'll get to play it again.)

>Firefight, by Alternative Armies, had an elegant system of actions
based
>on using dice as markers to represent actions.

I have it, but only played it once. Not sure what bugged us about the
system.
There was something that felt strangely artificial, but I can't remember
what
it was.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Card initiative Next: [SG2] Problem With Quick and Dirty Option (was Re: [SG] Luring players)