Prev: Re: Ducking Next: Re: Translation

Re: FLIEGERRAKETENWOTZITZ

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:07:15 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: FLIEGERRAKETENWOTZITZ

DAWGFACE47@webtv.net schrieb:

> KARL,  what was the name of the man portable AA 20mm
> rocket launcher system called. it fired in timed salvos so as to
avoid
> throwing off the aming point of the launcher.

That would have been the Fliegerfaust or Luftfaust I mentioned earlier.
Several experimental variants.

Relevant websites:

German Text
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waffen/flugabwehrwaffen-R.htm
English text
http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/8172/panzerfaust2.htm
Pictures:
http://www.eksplorator.cud.pl/62.htm (note the lower ones are modern
MANPADS
http://www.g2mil.com/Nov2001Letters.htm
Search for 'Fliegerfaust' http://www.luftarchiv.de/

> i saw one over a fireplace  near HANAU in a farmhouse,
> and i friend of mine has seen one in a Normandy Museum, and one in a
> Berlin gastehaus.

I am surprised that so many are still around. I thought rather few were
produced, starting in 1944. Of the 9-tube Filegerfaust B type, only 80
were made.

> but what was this weapon called? it was in limited
> service as a defence against JABOS, and he lugged it back from
France, using
> it against both vehicles and aircraft.

Would he be able to write that up ? I think there are people who might
be interested.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Ducking Next: Re: Translation