Prev: Re: Translation Next: Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds

Re: Naval Rules

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:58:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Naval Rules

>>Examples ? I am on the lookout for fast-flowing naval rules.
>>

>_General Quarters_ comes to mind. Seekrieg is quite a bit slower even
than FT.
>_Great White Fleet_ (the pre-dreadnought supplement for Avalanche
Press' naval
>games) has a more detailed tactical combat system that can be used with
_1904
>- - 1905_ and their Spanish-American War game. It still uses hexes, but
these
>can be easily converted to inches. I have a Wargames Illustrated
article for a
>DBA-like game for Russo-Japanese War that plays reasonably well and
quickly.
>There's a follow-on supplement for WW1 that came out earlier this year.
>

>Allan Goodall			agoodall@hyperbear.com
>http://www.hyperbear.com

You might try "Age of the Dreadnought" which was the pre
Dreadnought/Dreadnought expansion
to Age of Iron rules (American Civil War Naval rules). The only
criticism I had was that the
author came out with the rules a little too fast (after Age of Iron was
a success) and they needed
some additional research. The British armor is rated a little too high
while the American and Russian
armor is rated too low. The rules play quick and are easy to learn.

I have not been heavily into the newer sets of naval rules but I have
tried some of the early
computer moderated rules and they worked out OK.

Scott Siebold

Prev: Re: Translation Next: Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds