Prev: Re: Translation Next: Re: Translation

RE: (Fwd) Re: PAU fleet

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:41:56 -0400
Subject: RE: (Fwd) Re: PAU fleet

[Tomb] True, but OTOH, we're already assuming nations with a
significant colonial ocean going capability and star navies. Let me
give you an example: Canada doesn't build anything larger than a DD
now, but if you gave us a cruiser, we could man it. <snip>
>So your case study applies when giving bang-sticks to the aboriginies,
but
giving a starship to an already star-capable people who have some
institutional experience (or know how to learn from others
experiences) will eventually result in increased capabilities for
them.

Actually, there have been quite a few FFs, DDs and up that rusted away
at
the docks of Africans and SAmerican countries who could operate some
ships
but couldn't or wouldn't maintain and repair what they had/were given.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Translation Next: Re: Translation