Prev: Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds Next: Fulton Army List

PAU fleet

From: kaladorn@m...
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:22:05 -0400
Subject: PAU fleet

OO makes an interesting point about the PAU fleet. Also, there may be
a difference between not being able to produce capital ships and not
being able to produce many of them or not being able to produce them
cost effectively.

For that matter, you'd think that capship slips would be a fair size
(even orbital) and if you didn't need to use them regularly (let's
imagine that ESU and NAC and maybe FSE and NSL would), they'd be an
expense to maintain. OTOH, some private firms could probably handle
fleet maintenance contracts from several nations (or even
construction contracts).

I suspect the PAU fleet has some hand-me downs, some bought-news,
some bought-and-modifieds, and maybe even some smaller home-brew
designs (DDs, FFs, etc). I would guess NAC, ESU, FSE. NAC, because of
what OO mentioned, ESU because we know they have some, and FSE
because they were nominal allies at one point and the French have
always tended to encourage arms sales to a variety of sides (even
those fighting the French national forces....).

Prev: Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds Next: Fulton Army List