Prev: RE: Scouts and dinky armoured cars Next: Re: ESU Penal Units

Re: Naval Rules

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:40:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Naval Rules

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:20:41 +0200 (CEST), KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
wrote:

>Examples ? I am on the lookout for fast-flowing naval rules.

_General Quarters_ comes to mind. Seekrieg is quite a bit slower even
than FT.
_Great White Fleet_ (the pre-dreadnought supplement for Avalanche Press'
naval
games) has a more detailed tactical combat system that can be used with
_1904
- 1905_ and their Spanish-American War game. It still uses hexes, but
these
can be easily converted to inches. I have a Wargames Illustrated article
for a
DBA-like game for Russo-Japanese War that plays reasonably well and
quickly.
There's a follow-on supplement for WW1 that came out earlier this year.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: RE: Scouts and dinky armoured cars Next: Re: ESU Penal Units