Prev: Re: Tomb's Rating System Next: Re: ROE

Re: Fantasy Rules

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:37:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Fantasy Rules

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:25:58 +0100, "Ian Cotgias"
<ian.cotgias@virgin.net>
wrote:

> Also I have even seen a WWII conversion from Full Thrust into
>Naval!!

I've worked, on and off, for several years on a pre-dreadnought naval
version
of FT.

The problem is that while it will end up looking like a wet-fleet
version of
FT, it won't be very realistic. The biggest problem I've encountered is
modelling naval guns accurately. I originally went with the beam
concept, but
beams are linear in probability versus range. Guns aren't linear.

I've shelved the rules for now. Every now and again I pull them out and
look
at them, but I don't see much reason to continue with them. Especially
since
there are already rules out there (though not many pre-dreadnought
rules) that
can be used to handle naval games that flow faster than FT.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: Tomb's Rating System Next: Re: ROE