Prev: [FMA] Odds Next: RE: John A's weapons page

Troop Rating System (was Tom's but I'm greedy)

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:23:44 +1000
Subject: Troop Rating System (was Tom's but I'm greedy)

G'day,

> Unfortunately, everyone has overinflated opinions of
> their own favorite picks, and deprecatory opinions of
> whatever faction they don't favor.  I argue
> incessantly in favor of downgrading IFed, PAU, LLAR,
> ESU for a variety of cultural, ideological,
> historical, or doctrinal reasons.  What happens?

When I did the fleets I gave the mean, median and modal answers. As the
median and modal were the same (or close enough) that's actually what I
went
with. As I'm as insane as ever....

If any one actually wants to answer the following questions and email
them
to me at beth.fulton@csiro.au I'll collate and post the overall
(eventual)
response...

Cheers

Beth

Please answer for as many nations (canon or otherwise as you want,
there's
no requirement to try and do everybody if you don't want to). Also the
rating given should be as they would play regardless of whether they're
vet-1 because of a society that teaches martial arts from birth or
because
they have excellent combat training centres once you enlist. The split
between frontline and reserve (and technology vs reliability vs
availability) will also cover breath/depth/logistic issues.

1) What is the average quality of the troops?
(you can give a general answer or % breakdown if you'd like
5%G/75%B/15%O/5%R etc)
- frontline
- reserve

2) What level of morale do the troops have?
- frontline
- reserve

3) What level of leadership do the troops have?
- frontline
- reserve

4) What level of equipment do the troops have?
- technologically
- reliability
- availability

5) Will the troops show initiative? <this covers troops reacting
flexibility
within the game, whether off their own thinking of a flexible command
system, obviously people with political officers would have to show the
initiative of "losing" said officer first before they got overly
flexible ;P
;)>

6) How good are the supporting troops?
- quality of the troops
- quality of equipment
- availability (i.e. are they where they're needed when they're needed)

7) How good are the vehicles?
- technologically
- reliability

Prev: [FMA] Odds Next: RE: John A's weapons page