Prev: John A's weapons page Next: Re: Speaking of. . .

Re: John A's weapons page

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:39:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: John A's weapons page

--- kaladorn@magma.ca wrote:
> John,
> I reviewed your weapons page, and have some
> questions!
>
> 1.) smartlinked - what effects does this provide?
> (and do you think
> that no one other than the NRE would use this, which
> I presume to be
> a neural link technology?)

1)NAC uses it.	Probably so do most of the major
powers, but their weapons are not detailed to the
level that the NAC rifle is in the back of the book.

2)I can make up all the details I want about NRE stuff
(caliber, magazine size, whether it has a builtin
bipod etc) because it's mine.  I won't do it for
everyone.

3)It's effects are below the granularity of SGII.

4)It's a link to the HUD in the helmet.

> 2.) I don't see weapons for:
> LLAR - and the South American continent has
> historically produced a
> lot of firearms designs!
> RH
> FCT
> IF (though I saw mention of them)
> Sweden
> Scanfed (should have some home brew stuff if I
> recall the figs)
> IC
> IAS :)
> AE (I though you'd at least do Chris the favour :)

None of those weapons are out there AFAIK.  IF uses
mostly obsolete ESU stuff, according to the writeups
on stargrunt.ca.  The only stuff I made up myself are
Roman and the obsolscent weapons I used to equip the
merc units I sent you.	And not even all of those,
since I no longer have a copy of most of the merc
units I sent you (hard drive suicide).	BTW, could you
send me a copy of those messages?

> Some of these will use licensed copies, but then you
> get things like
> the C7 which is actually superior to its original
> M16 roots (the copy
> was improved over the original).

Not to within the granularity of SGII.	:)

> 3) You have the IPW and SPW from the UN, but not
> their larger IPG.
> There is a UN figure with a whomping big plasma gun!

Havn't seen the stats or designation anywhere.

> 4) There are two distinct (very much so) NSL SAW
> designs. I think one
> might even be a gauss SAW. I didn't see the second
> design
> represented.

Again, neither the stats nor the designation are
anywhere on the Net AFAIK.  I'm always ready to stand
corrected should it be necessary.

John

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs

Prev: John A's weapons page Next: Re: Speaking of. . .