Prev: Re: Scouts and dinky armoured cars Next: Re: Grav Scouts

Re: Scouts and dinky armoured cars

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:35:37 +0100
Subject: Re: Scouts and dinky armoured cars

On or about Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 11:35:16AM -0400, Imre A. Szabo typed:
>[Roger wrote]
>> Assuming that the EW/comms balance is in your favour. If the drone
>> signal is easily jammed, or the operating team is easily traced, it's
>> less of an option.
>For today, they can be jammed, but in the future, they will be fully
>autonomous.  So jamming will only stop real time data.  The drones
could
>always fly away from the jamming source and transmit there.

That's one prediction; I'll even grant it's a fairly likely one. But if
someone wants a game in which battlefield EW is so heavy that autonomous
electronics would have to be heavily shielded to work, and so drones
just aren't worth the effort, I won't say he's entirely implausible.

Prev: Re: Scouts and dinky armoured cars Next: Re: Grav Scouts