Prev: RE: 2nd and 3rd rate powers Next: Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:
> TomB wrote:
>
> >1: IC - I'd call them 3rd rate or maybe even 4th. I
> don't picture
> >them as an armed force to write home and brag
> about.
>
> Maybe not in 2183, but back in the 2050s they
> must've been pretty damn hot
> to conquer the Thais and Vietnamese... and being
> able to impose any kind of
> control on the various Burmese fractions isn't a
> small feat either :-/

The operative word in Islamic Commonwealth is
ISLAMIC, one of the imperatives of the religion
is 'convert or die'.   Those who survive the
conquest have accepted the religions control
of their life.

Bye for now,
John L.

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs

Prev: RE: 2nd and 3rd rate powers Next: Re: 2nd and 3rd rate powers