Prev: FMA Skirmish Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Swiss/Scandinavians

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:15:28 +0200
Subject: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Swiss/Scandinavians

Johan wrote:

>Our gear is good though. But the modern stuff we have is only in
>sufficient numbers to train with, all we have in case of a crisis is G3

>assault rifles in abundance. Everything mobilization worthy has been
scrapped.

Well, no - we still have lots of Carl Gustafs and AT4s as well ;-)
'Course,
those are the earliest models of AT4s, and IIRC the most modern HEAT
ammo
Sweden has for its CGs is m/75... the Baltic states have vastly more
modern
CG ammo than Sweden has
:-/ Indeed, some Swedish Army CG instructors sent to the Balts were
quite
shocked to find out that their pupils (using modern ammo) could hit
targets
at about three times the range the instructors could (using outdated
ammo)...

'Course, the ScanFed is almost two hundred years into the future. I
sincerely hope that we manage to change our government at least once
before
then, even if the latest election forecasts don't look too promising :-7

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: FMA Skirmish Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?