Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers Next: Re: Scouts

RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:53:32 +1000
Subject: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers

G'day,

> If the bulk of the "Major Powers" are considered Second Rate, then I
> can't see IF or PAU regulars as any better than Third...and it
> wouldn't take all that much argument to convince me of Fourth.

Obviously I'm more generously inclined than you then. Given available
resources and the good deal of action they see (IF at least) I would've
thought quality wise they'd be pretty hot by 2180. To my mind if the
ESU,
RH, OUDF rate as second rate IF and PAU should too (especially IF). By
the
way Tom you forgot to rate the IC.

> It's not the theory that gets you, it's the application.  The Germans
> in WW2 dreamed up a lot of really inventive weapons, put few into
> production and developed good tactics for even fewer.  OTOH the Gurkha
> was feared, not because of his high tech razzle dazzle gizmo--all he
> had was a rifle and/or knife--but because he could and would slither
> up behind you and slit you from your guggle to your zatch.

If you've ever been to an academic conference you'd know that a fountain
pen
is enough ;)

Cheers

Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers Next: Re: Scouts