Prev: Re: [OT] Fantasy rules Next: New toys for FMA??

Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:54:47 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter

In message <7ca676654b.Charles@nerik.monkslode.fsnet.co.uk>
	  Charles Taylor <nerik@monkslode.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]
> Hmm... re. your comment about the cost - IIRC (I did the calculations
> while ago) I based the costs on those of the SML system.
>
> The basic intent was a weapon system based on the Displacement Pods
from
> Ian M. Banks 'Culture' novels - hence the plasma generators and short
> range missile (warheads).

[snip]

Hmm... replying to myself again (tut tut), anyway, I recalculated the
costs, I think something when wrong the first time (again)

Revised Matter Transmitter Costs:

For all grades, the MASS is 3 times the class:

Basic (Range=12): Cost = 4 times MASS

Enhanced (Range=24): Cost = 8 times MASS

Superior (Range=36): Cost = 16 times MASS

(I might reduce the MASS to twice the class, and increase the cost
multipliers accordingly).
-or should I increase the ranges (say by +6mu or +12mu) with a cost
increase?

Charles

Prev: Re: [OT] Fantasy rules Next: New toys for FMA??