Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

From: "Ian Cotgias" <icotgias@S...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:52:19 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

Can anyone give me a link to a site with Full Thrust ships from either
the Imperial Japanese Navy or UNSC please?

I have done some IJN designs using stuff in Fleet Book 1 but the FB2
Kra'Vak ships tore them apart (and then some) so I am wondering whether
I made some design blunders or what!!

The KV are a bit hard, their Patrol Cruiser was knocking out a destroyer
a round and three Light Cruisers fell to the BS.

The Japanese SBB ran out of escorts so quickly that even though it
nearly crippled a KV BS the battle was lost when all the K-V ships
turned their guns on her.

Also the KV scatterguns render SMLs and fighter groups almost useless. A
fleet needs twice as many fighters or SMLs as against a human opponent
just to start denting the enemy. Mind you once they have spent all their
scatterguns they are easy meat if you have any fighters or SML left but
how do you stay alive that long and ensure they don't KO your systems?
The IJN would have lost much sooner had they not had lucky dice rolls
when rolling for system KOs.

I guess maybe a spinal Nova Cannon on the SBB may turn the tables next
time? Anyone have any neat tactical ideas?

Also does anyone know a good fantasy battle game (by that I do not mean
Warhammer).

Regards

Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?