Prev: ORGANIC BASING MATERIALS Next: Re: Speaking of. . .

RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:42:08 -0400
Subject: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers

First Rate
>NAC
I wouldn't say whole mass of the NAC deserves the same rating as KV or
Gurkhas.

I see the AE Imperial troops as 1st rate, because:
a) the AE has more money than manpower and compensates by providing
topnotch training and equipment to the few troops they do have (eg all
infantry are in powered armor)
b) the AE has a very pragmatic attitude--if something doesn't work, they
have a cultural inclination to change it
c) enough mercs are based in the AE that there is a wide base of
professional experience available

 None of this applies to sovereignity troops or mercs, and the AE's
operations are limited in several respects (eg the maximum gravity they
train in is around 1/3 gee), but for what they do, they're very good.
 As far as power goes, 4th rate at best--only about 20 battalions

>Third Rate
>IF
>Turkey
I don't see Turkey as being as poor as IF and PAU--maybe in equipment,
but
not in morale or training.

>ORC (and only rate here)
probably rate as "variable" since it's a coalition, but since we have no
further information, it's hard to say

>SV
You're giving bio-engineered constructs of an advanced race 3rd rate
ability?

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: ORGANIC BASING MATERIALS Next: Re: Speaking of. . .