Prev: RE: Scouts Next: Re: desktop magnifying glass

Re: desktop magnifying glass

From: Yves Lefebvre <ivanohe@a...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:35:18 -0400
Subject: Re: desktop magnifying glass

At 11:10 AM 8/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Got a question for you modellers out there (and this is pretty
>much only applicable to those who use or know of what I'm looking
>for) - where would one get one of those large magnifying glasses
>that you mount on a desk for miniatures work? (or other teeny
>applications)	Not entirely sure where to look, but I did try
>a couple local hobby stores I know of, but nada.
>
>A lighted one would sweet, but any at all would be helpful (you see,
>I want to paint serial numbers on the rivets on my DS miniatures  ;-)
;-)

>Mk

I saw something yesterday : It is a magnifying glass that you attach to
yourself. There is a rope you pass behind your neck and the glass lay
perpendicular to your chest. There is also a battery operated lamp you
could fix on it.

I tried it (just put it on) and I think I might buy one for painting. I
think you can buy that from office supply store. One good thing is that
you
can move with it so you can paint anywhere or change your sitting
position
(to couch potato style for example). You could probably even try to
drive
your car and paint at the same time, but this is a bit risky :)

Prev: RE: Scouts Next: Re: desktop magnifying glass