Prev: Scouts Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

SMITE

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:50:18 +0100
Subject: SMITE

> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:05:41 +0100
> From: Charles Taylor <nerik@monkslode.fsnet.co.uk>
> Subject: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)

> *Space Matrix Instant Transportation Emitter (S.M.I.T.E.)

Space Matter Instant Transforming Equipment. But that's General Lysis
for you.

> (I think) -
> from Space Battleship Yamato/Starblazers, this Gamelon
> technology will only
> transport fighters and other small craft, but can transport them in
> large numbers (whole carrier fighter contingents at once).

Bad news. SMITE can transport Destroyers and other sub capital units.
One of Deslock/Dessler's command ships apparently does in one of the
later series. Its listed as 48 Fighters or 1 Destroyer per SMITE unit.
Both the Dedicated Light Cruiser and the Command ship carry two linked
units. That may be excessive.

> In game terms, this is a Superior Matter Transmitter that has a
> 'reception zone' of 1-arc wide out to 6 mu from the SMITE
> ship, and a
> transmittion zone 3-arcs wide out to 36 mu. It is a class
> 36 (or more)
> Matter Trasmitter, but can only transmit fighters and other
> small craft
> (not more than 3 MASS each) _from_ the transmittion zone _to_ the
> reception zone. The transmitted fighters _must_ remain in formation.
> SMITE-ed fighters may attack on the turn they are
> transmitted, but may
> not manoeuvre. It may perform no other matter transmitter
> operations.

> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:25:59 -0400
> From: "Z. Lakel" <zlakel@tampabay.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)
>
> > As long as it doesn't allow for the mis-used SFB transporter
> > mine situation
>
> What's wrong w/ the SFB transporter bombs?

They make far to much sense for something that is never seen on the
show.

I wouldn't want to take a fighter through somethiong that scrambled
explosives. If only because my canopy might come loose. Let alone what
it would do to my ordinance.

--
Adam
"Mark my words, Li Kao! You will be called, and when you are called

Prev: Scouts Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?