Prev: Re: [DS2] Spoon Feeding SciFi Genre to players Next: Re: [DS2] Spoon Feeding SciFi Genre to players

RE: Scouts out. . . NAC style

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:37:24 -0700
Subject: RE: Scouts out. . . NAC style

Part of any Economy of Force operation is looking like you are something
bigger
and badder than you are.  Which is why Cavalry units (Division and Corps
level)
tend to be equipped like a Heavy Battalion Task force.	Battalion level
scouts
aren't Cavalry (though some like to think so) and IMO should focus on
the "Eyes
and Ears" concepts.  A Scout platoon should have the ability to cover
the
Battalion's zone with observation (and use Battalion mortars or
Artillery for
fire).	Of course, you should model your TO&E based around how you
expect to
fight.

Michael Brown