Prev: "Grunt" Slang for Tankers? Next: Re: Allan's comments on GenCon

Re: "Grunt" Slang for Tankers?

From: "Barry Cadwgan" <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:43:28 +1000
Subject: Re: "Grunt" Slang for Tankers?

> This is a question for all you who are knowledgable about military
slang.

> I'm working on upgraded SG2 rules for vehicles and heavy weapons. I
want
> come up with a name for it, so I need a slang term for tank crew.
Here's
the
> thing, I don't want to use the term "tankers" because then the rules
would
be
> called "Startankers", which sounds too much like an FT supplement.
>
> Is there any kind of slang, suitable for "family viewing" to use in
place
of
> the word "tanker"?

Well, I don't know if it's 'real' slang, but 'treadheads' is a good one
for
armour crews.  It certainly works for wargamers who like armour.

Artillery branch people are often referred to as 'redlegs', but I
_suspect_
that may be only US army slang. (I think that was due to a uniform
differentiation, red stripe on the trousers)

Prev: "Grunt" Slang for Tankers? Next: Re: Allan's comments on GenCon