Prev: Re: [SG] meets [RL] Next: Allan's comments on GenCon

Re: Spoon Feeding WWII Genre to players was --> Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?

From: "Mike Elliott" <Mike.Elliott@s...>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:29:36 +0100
Subject: Re: Spoon Feeding WWII Genre to players was --> Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?

Hi Flak Magnet,

I presume you have seen my original article on the subject at
http://www.felixent.force9.co.uk/art26.html ? What more information on
WWII
do you need? I don't claim to be an expert, but I have been wargaming
most
periods including WWII for over 30 years, so I think I know a bit. I
have
successfully played WWII games using the stats as given in the article.
Given the stats there already, it should be fairly easy to generate
stats
for any other WWII vehicle - that was the idea. My own preference is for
ETO 1944-45, hence the stats in the article.

If you want to add a lot of "chrome" along the lines of the web pages
you
cite, then go ahead. Personally, I find it difficult to remember too
many
"special" rules, and I don't think they add a lot to a game anyway,
apart
from the frustration when you remember that you should have applied such
rule the previous turn and you forgot!

A lot of the historical information on the web sites you mention can of
course be lifted straight out (Plagiarism? Me?) as it is not rule system
dependent.

Again, I would have thought most historical wargamer's would not have
any
difficulty taking a set of rules like DS2 and modifying them to suit
WWII,
as often these people know far more about the period than those who
don't
normally play it. Besides creating vehicles is half the fun!

BTW, Jon has stated previously that he has no interest in publishing
historical rules.

Hope that helps,
Mike

This email has originated from Steria Ltd (formerly Integris Ltd),
Registration No: 2706218.

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained
in
this email, and is only for the use of the intended addressee. To copy,
forward, disclose or otherwise use it in any way if you are not the
intended recipient or responsible for delivering to him/her is
prohibited.

If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender
immediately,
by using the reply facility in your email software.

We may monitor the content of emails sent and received via our network
for
the purposes of ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.

relationships between Steria Ltd and the recipient.

Office registered at: Computer House, Great West Road, Brentford,
Middlesex, TW8 9DH

Prev: Re: [SG] meets [RL] Next: Allan's comments on GenCon