Prev: RE: desktop magnifying glass Next: Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?

Re: Beards and Hair

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Beards and Hair

--- Scott Siebold <gamers@ameritech.net> wrote:

> As a side light after 40 years of using glasses (my
> eyesight was 20 by
> 200) I got Lasik Eye Surgery
> last year and am now able to see distances without
> glasses. I could
> never stand contacts but for
> about 15 minutes of discomfort it was worth it. The
> only scary part is
> that when almost done with
> the surgery I smelled something burning and it was
> me.

The Army has finally admitted that this surgery is
permissible, and has even (allegedly) begun performing
it.  However, the waiting list is going to be
ridiculous.  Basically, if I got on it now, I might
get the surgery done by the Army about the same time I
pin on Sergeant Major.	For one thing, most military
hospitals don't have the equipment to do it.  Oh, and
they're sorting by MOS which means pilots and
infantrymen are first.	I believe combat engineers
will be ahead of pogues but behind all other combat
arms, as usual.

John

http://health.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: desktop magnifying glass Next: Re: GenCon Plans Anyone?