Prev: Nellie - was Re: Looking for mini site. Next: Re: Looking for mini site.

Re: [SG] Turbans and beards

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:05:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Turbans and beards

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 06:15:20 -0500
>From: Jim Callahan <jim@tablegamer.com>
>Subject: Re: [SG] Turbans and beards
>
>Ah, the curse of falling in with a gamer!
>
>You just need two sets of armies, any time you buy a fig, you have to
>buy one for the "other side" too!  And God forbid you should paint it
>wrong. I have a couple of friends who got into an argument about what
>color Sauron's base should be. Ended up, he saw the light and traded
his
>beautifully painted Sauron (with, god forbid, a light dusting of GREEN
>flock on the base) for an unpainted one...
>
>>nice!!)... though as Derek wants to double up and use them for playing
>>Vietnam stuff I foresee a clash of wills on that one ;)

There is a little trick I learned from a friend. He was putting on a
game at a convention and
one of the players would not stop complaining. He took a stand away from

one of the complainers
units and when he asked what he was doing he said "you were not paying
attention to your army
and they deserted". The complainer was just about to say something when
he say my friend
reaching for the next stand and he shut up. End of argument.

When someone complains about a painted figure take it away (if his
figure) or transfer out of
his army to the one he complained about (if an opponent). He will
shortly see the light or at
least keep quiet for the durration of the game.

Scott Siebold

Prev: Nellie - was Re: Looking for mini site. Next: Re: Looking for mini site.