Prev: FMA odds Next: Looking for mini site.

Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:33:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

At 6:24 PM +0200 7/15/02, Ludo Toen wrote:
>The Germans developed amongst other things a "smart bomb" although I
>would call it a missile (a rocket was fired upon release from the
>aircraft, giving the needed inertia). These were equipped with a TV
>emitter and the weapons officer could guide it by radio. When the
>Allies started jamming these transmissions, the Germans built a wire
>guided version. Apparently these missiles were quite effective
>against the shipping used in the Salerno landings.
>All this is from the top of my head, I would have to look up my
>references. I have seen one of those IRL however.

BV 246 (orignally BV 226) the Hagelkron (hailstone)
GT 2000
Zitteroschen
Fritz X (or FX 1400): used against the Roma, the Italia, Warpite,
Spartan, Janus, Savannah, and Uganda plus numerous merchant ships.
HS293: sank the Sloop HMS Egret (first Air to surface guided missile
casualty) plus 1 greek and 4 british vessels.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: FMA odds Next: Looking for mini site.