Prev: RE: Argh! Next: [gzg fiction] News Reports from the GZGVerse

Re: [DS2] VTOLs, Confidence and other questions

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:57:03 +0000
Subject: Re: [DS2] VTOLs, Confidence and other questions

>VTOLs can be in three modes: Grounded, Low and High.
>Grounded isn't a problem, but the other two are causing
>some confusion in my group.

>1) What can a High VTOL shoot at? Firstly, can it shoot
>    down at a ground target, and if so at what penalty?
>    Secondly, can it shoot at another High VTOL? Again,
>    is there any penalty for this "dogfighting"?

Acording to the rules as I rember them (I'm afraid its been a while...)
VTOL
may not engage anything in high mode. I do rember seing an FAQ somewhere

answered by St J himself (cue angelic choir harmonies) who's reponse to
the
question "could VTOL in high mode engage each-other" responded "Sure Why

not". (please don't excomunicate me if I am misquoting).

>2) Can a Low VTOL shoot at one in High mode? If so,
>    does any penalty apply? Does a Low VTOL receive any
>    benefit if it is being shot at by High aircraft?

No, being in high-mode makes a VTOL imune to any fire from ground level
except air-defense weapons.

>DS2 pg 41 doesn't address these issues, though pg 42
>does give us the "only LAD and ADS can attack High
>aircraft" rule.
>
>3) Can ZAD attack Low VTOLs, or is that the preserve
>    of "ordinary ground units using direct fire"?

Um... I hadn't thougth of that, I guess they should really be allowed
to,
particularly guided weapons type things.

Must go now, food is calling, hope that that is of some help.

Richard

Prev: RE: Argh! Next: [gzg fiction] News Reports from the GZGVerse