Prev: Re: Naming Names, Was Re: The GZGverse UN Next: Laserlights "holdings"

Re: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

From: "Z. Lakel" <zlakel@t...>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:15:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

A version of the former posted thing, revised from list contribution:

All troops except where noted wear full battledress (d8) with superior
ECM,
enhanced sensors, a d6 movement and carry IPW 80 personal weapons (FP:3
IP:d12).

HQ Squad
CO, Medic, FO, EW Trooper, 2 Marines
Transported in 1 AV-6

Morter Section
2 tubes with 3 crew each
Transported in an AV-6

Pathfinder/Scout Section
Squad Leader, 5 Marines
Wear light armor (d4), have superior sensors (d12), and move d8.
Transported in either an AV-6 or are paradroped

Support Section:
2 AV-9 Gunships

3 Rifle Platoons:

Platoon HQ Squad
CO, PSG, Medic, Marksman w/ Sniping Laser, 2 Marines
Transported in an AV-6

3 x Rifle Squads
Squad Leaderm, Marine w/ AGL, Marine w/ SPW 82 (FP:d6, IP:d12*) or GMS/P
(superior guidence), 3 Marines
Transported in an AV-6

Support Squad
Squad Leader, 3 GMS/L w/ a crew of 2 Marines each

Stats for AV-6:
Size 2, Armor 1, Chin turret GAC/1 w/ Enh Firecon, Sup ECM, Space for 7
Marines

Stats for AV-9
Size 3, Armor 2, Chin turret GAC/1, 2 GMS/H, all firecons superior, Sup
ECM,
Sup PDS

In terms of unit quality, IMU these are the Last, Best HopeTM of
humanity
(as Mr. Barclay put it so well) against the Alien Menace.  As to the
economics of how the UN can afford such a force, I have no idea, since
this
is all not real.  However, I would assume that there are relatively few
UNSC
Marines and that their function is more shipboard and embassy security
and
semi-special operations than it is peace keeping--we have the Swiss,
with
their mercs' wonderful GZGverse history, for that.  Thanks again for the
help with the table.

Zachariah Lakel

Prev: Re: Naming Names, Was Re: The GZGverse UN Next: Laserlights "holdings"