Prev: Re: The GZGverse UN Next: Beer crates, again...

Re: OT gas prices: (was: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:19:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT gas prices: (was: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME!

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 11:07 AM -0400 7/26/02, Indy wrote:
> >Go ahead, Ryan, depress us. How much is gas there?
>
> $1.20/Gallon, US.

That's only a penny per gallon cheaper than I buy it.

Although there's a HUGE variation in gas prices in my
driving area.  Going from Ft. Hood ($1.21) to Austin
($1.32+) shouldn't make that much of a difference, but
it does.  Some of it's taxes, as the price jumps about
a nickel per gallon as soon as I'm out the East Gate,
but the rest ain't.

(Meanwhile, you Brits are pissed because you're doing
currency calculations in your head and realizing we
pay less per gallon than you do per liter. . . )

John

Prev: Re: The GZGverse UN Next: Beer crates, again...