Prev: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: List dead?

Re: GZG Universe, was: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 02:17:01 -0700
Subject: Re: GZG Universe, was: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Books" <books@jumpspace.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 10:00 PM

> Since we are talking FTFB/GZG universe, the planet wins.  A planet
> is the biggest carrier in existance.	As the rules stand it is
> obvious that when I send my 4000 point fleet composed of pure
fighters,
> it will eat your 8K fleet.  We are talking a major world so its'
production
> and population should be sufficient to replace  losses in short
> order.

This much is mostly true.  The GZG universe stipulates that the
spacefaring
nations don't really have enough military shipping to really alter the
state
of the map in huge amounts.  The original poster wasn't making the
GZGverse
bit of it all that clear, though... it seemed to me that it was much
more
theoretical to explain why air power isn't as big a deal in a
ground-based
game as it is today.  And even in my own arguments I conceded that it
depends on how you figure the starfleets' development as opposed to the
planetside development compares.  In the GZGverse, starfleets aren't
really
that developed as compared to most other sci-fi genres.

Prev: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: List dead?